The Tooling Designer will fill the role of resident expert responsible for designing complex tools and equipment used in the production of the A5.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the design and implementation of tooling and equipment from development to full volume production for the ICON A5 light sport aircraft.
• Develop assembly tooling and equipment to include all necessary error-proofing, pneumatics, controls, and standard components.
• Develop material handling tools and equipment to overcome any ergonomic issues in the build process.
• Provide estimates for design and development hours required as well as for tool-life, and written tool-use procedures.
• Interface with Engineering, Production, and Quality teams for development of standard tolerances and the capability of tooling structures.
• Interface with external vendors/tool suppliers, including leading tooling and equipment quote and progress reviews, which may include on-site support for vendors.
• Review and check tool designs to ensure conformance to specifications, original intent, and proper methods and procedures.
• Support the Quality Team by troubleshooting and evaluating variables associated with tooling and equipment.
• Develop and implement standard practices for specifying new and upgraded equipment.
• Support the creation of tool and equipment maintenance programs and plans.
• Support detailed analysis for the appropriation of capital and ROI.
• Assist plant maintenance personnel with tooling-related questions.
• Build a document library of new/current fixturing and tooling and maintain all related and support documentation current within the ERP system.
• Tooling and equipment produces assemblies within tolerance.
• Tooling and equipment prioritized and implemented on time.
• Tooling is easy to use and maintain.
• Tooling improves ergonomics issues and is safe to operate.
• Tooling is cost effective for application.
Preferred Experience & Education:
• B.S. in Mechanical, Aero, Industrial or Automotive Engineering or related engineering field
• 4-6 years of experience required
• Strong cad skills with experience/knowledge in assembly tooling, fixture design, and rework
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials, material strengths, and material usage for tooling and equipment
• Ability to conceptualize assembly tooling mechanical fixtures and motions
• Experience with assembly fixtures for use in automotive, marine, or aviation industries
• Experience with taking products through a development cycle to volume production
• Hands-on machining experience a plus
• Understanding of different manufacturing processes, including welding, plastic molding, and composite bonding and assembly
• Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
• Start-up experience in a manufacturing role with responsibility during new production introductions
• Experience with lower volume automotive, off-highway, marine, or recreational products
• Familiarity with processing lightweight materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, and plastic
• Understanding of how to scale tooling and equipment from low volume to higher volume
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Ability to use a variety of precision measuring devices and tool room equipment
• Strong computer skills; Pro-E/Creo, SolidWorks, PLEX
• Basic understanding of common manufacturing equipment, including mills, lathes, and welding
• An understanding of Lean Manufacturing Tools, such as SMED, Kanban, OEE and 5S
Please send you Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Área||Diseño / Creatividad|
|Horario||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|